Lancome's Color Design Eye Shadow: Price Too High for This Poor Quality Product

My sweet husband decided to buy me an eye shadow one day. So...we went to the mall, and happened upon a Lancome counter. (This is before I discovered M.A.C.!) Well, for some reason, I was drawn to Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black. Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black looked promising: totally black with tiny, glittery sparkles that resembled twinkling stars against a very black sky. I was sold. We shelled out the fifteen dollars for the 0.42 ounce of Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black, and fled the scene. In the beginning, I thought this was a justifiable investment. I thought this expensive eye shadow from Lancome was going to be some kind of breakthrough when it came to producing the smoky eye effect that most women crave. But I was very, very wrong.

First of all, my Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black did not come with an applicator. The design of the little pot it came in was very flimsy; the little sliding plastic which covers the eye shadow itself slips in and out way too easily, which would be a disaster if I carried the eye shadow around in my purse. Well, I went ahead and bought an applicator for Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black. When I applied Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black, the first thing I noticed immediately was that there was hardly any color on my eye lid. I thought maybe it was a mistake of mine...I didn't apply enough to the applicator or something. But I noticed that the more I tried to apply Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black, the greyer the color appeared. Not only was the color grey, and no sparkles present, but the color had terrible blend ability, and the coverage was comparably worse. And I can't blame it on my skills, or even on my applicator, because when it comes to make-up, I'm pretty much the self-proclaimed queen. What was seriously annoying is that even though no sparkles showed up in my eye lid area where the hideous grey color presided, there were tons of sparkles and blackish dust on my cheeks. Great. And when it was time to remove this 'stuff' from my cheeks, it was increasingly hard. I had to bust with the oil-based make-up remover and a Q-tip, because Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black was NOT budging. If I tried to swipe it away with a tissue, it just smeared horribly all over my cheeks. Of course, I had done the rest of my face already, and having to remove it all due to an extremely messy eye shadow was not at all pleasing to me.

Supposedly, Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black is made with exclusive Micro-Air technology which is supposed to provide 'ultimate' smoothness and perfect blend-ability. (Right...) Its claim to flame is that it's long lasting and that the color glides on effortlessly. What is true, however, is that the colors come in many shades, and in different textures. These textures include Metallics, Shimmer, Sheens, Intense Shades, and Matte's. Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black was a Metallic based finish.

But I just can't believe my husband and I spent 15 dollars, plus tax, on Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black...which really was just a very flat, sheer grey which was not at all flattering. The glitters gets on everywhere BUT your eyelid. I hated how the black wasn't even black, but grey. How does that make sense? It doesn't apply evenly at all. I feel that Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black was too expensive for what it's worth. I could have found a better eye shadow in a true black for more than half the price at a Maybeline retailer.

If you do ever wear this color, know that it's way too ugly in its own way to even consider wearing during the daytime, or at work. I don't even recommend trying it at all. I hate the grey color, I hate the horrible coverage, I hate how the glitter gets everywhere, and how hard Lancome's Color Design eye shadow in The New Black is to remove. This is a terrible product in my humble opinion, and I would definitely not be buying it again or recommending it to others. You'd be better off buying products from M.A.C., which are truly beautiful blendable eye shadows in every right, and where the glitter actually shows up and stays on your eye lids, while never traveling to your cheeks.