BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil Gives Bare Beauty!

Like pretty much every other teenager alive, I really hate getting up in the morning. The strange thing is that I'm a morning person and I'm always really productive early in the day, but I just hate getting up early. In that same vain I love doing my makeup in the morning, but I also love the idea of sleeping in and just rocking a "no-makeup" look. That said, I'm kind of a diva so I always end up getting up and going through my entire beauty routine anyways. Lately, however, I've found a happy medium between a full-face look and a no-makeup look, and it all starts with an easy-fix complexion product: BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil.

If you're at all familiar with BareMinerals or their parent company Bare Escentuals, then you probably know already that BE is all about achieving the flawless "no-makeup" look via the use of all-natural makeup (for those of you who like a dewy finish, you know that means the natural glow approach). All of their products are pretty much completely naturally derived, and come in cute little holders. They don't make liquid foundations, and basically all of their products are powder based, with the exception of their skincare line and mascara, of course. Anyways, BE came out with a little gem called the Mineral Veil, which is just a medium-coverage finishing powder meant to be used as the final touch on a fully made-up face. While I use it for that purpose quite a bit, my favorite way to use the Mineral Veil is as a swipe-and-go powder on days when I don't feel like letting the diva in me dictate my makeup routine. There are several different finishes of the MV, all of which are in one universal shade, and my personal favorite is the Illuminating MV, as it contains a bit of shimmer for a healthy, glowing look (my absolute favorite). Literally all I do is apply the MV liberally and leave, as it covers any redness on my skin and brightens up skin dulled by a good night's sleep. I usually pair it with a mascara and quick lip and/or cheek color, and I'm good to go.

I have really fair skin, especially during the winter, and the MV doesn't oxidize or create any discoloration at all, which is awesome for those of us who have difficulty shade matching.

The BE Mineral Veil retails for $20 pretty much everywhere, although a few weeks ago Sephora introduced a jumbo size that's double the original product and only $12 more, which is a total steal!

If you're a fan of the naturally dewy look, or just happen to have a lazy makeup day, the Illuminating Mineral Veil is definitely worth trying, and if you aren't satisfied with the finish, you can always try the others (which I hear are equally amazing).

Such a great product, BareMinerals!