The 5-Minute Face with Just Three Makeup Items

I tend to wear less makeup as the weather gets warmer. As a result, I only rely on a few makeup products to get me through most days. There are those day when time just is not on my side. It is then that I need to create a quick look in five minutes or less. To do this I use three key makeup items that give me a quick and natural spring/summer face.

It Always Begins with a Base

I am fond of loose powder mineral foundation. While I have become pretty quick with my application of it, some days that swirl and tap just take too long. This is when tinted moisturizer with sunscreen comes to the rescue. You combine three steps into one. However, any foundation that you can apply quickly will work.

Product to Try: mark Get A Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15 (my shade - Honey/Golden)

Lip Gloss to the Rescue

I do love lip gloss not just because it is fun and flirty but it is quick to apply and can be work all over the face. Yes I do mean eyes, cheeks and lips! For quick all over color apply gloss to lips. Dab a little on your cheeks and blend and dab a bit on your lids. You can go neutral, warm, cool or bright and bold. If lip gloss is too shiny for you a creamy or matte lipstick can be used as well. Just be careful as the color will be more intense.

Product to Try: Smashbox O-GLOSS Intuitive Lip Gloss (Try O-Gloss Gold or Noir for a peach or berry glow)

Black Mascara

Whether you have fair- or raven-haired, black mascara gives eye a much needed pop. I always buy a year's supply of mascara when I do makeup shopping. One coat of mascara along the upper and lower lashes quickly frames the eyes. If you have dark hair, a light, gentle sweep over brows tames them and makes them appear fuller.

Product to Try: Maybelline Full 'N Soft Waterproof Mascara in Very Black

The Five-Minute (or less) Face

1. Apply tinted moisturizer

2. Smooth lip gloss over lips

3. Dab lip gloss over cheeks and blend

4. Dab and smooth lip gloss over eyelids

5. Sweep one coat of mascara across top and bottom lashes

6. (Optional) Sweep mascara wand over brows gently

These three makeup items can give you an easy five-minute face that is spring/summer perfect. With practice this look can be achieved in under five minutes. Give this a whirl the next time you are pressed for time!