Managing Curly Hair with Paul Mitchell Products

The very best of the best, as far as hair products go, are the Paul Mitchell products. Specifically, Paul Mitchell original hair detangler. I have used several of the other products that also helped very well in the process of helping my hair to be healthy over the years. Paul Mitchell detangler changed my life, seriously.

First of all, my creator made me with lots of extremely thick, unruly, naturally curly, dark auburn-brunette hair. During the years I was growing up, my hair was unmanageable to do anything at all with. People told me that I was another Shirley Temple. My parents kept it cut very short after letting it grow long one time when I was about four years old. I got gum in my hair when I went to bed with gum in my mouth, so snip, snip went my mess of tangled curls. There were no inexpensive products and not many to choose from except at the beauty salons.

As a teenager, I put my hair up in brush rollers almost every night of the week. I tried using hair gel to smooth my hair onto each roller so I would have a good hairdo for school the next morning. What torture those curlers were to me, as well as trying to get a brush or comb through my bushy hair. It was very frustrating to say the least. I have taken so much abuse about the kind of hair that I was born with, I have wanted to shave my head, wear a wig, and be someone more acceptable to the world.

In fact, I have shaved my neck hair, shaving my hair clear up to about my ears. I had used a hand held mirror to see the back as I cut it and every stroke of the razor made the line uneven, so I cut up too high. My mom told me that she saw me that next morning getting ready for school, [ I was in sixth grade then.] and when I left, she cried watching me walk to the bus stop because she figured that I would be made fun of!

Also, I started using two different wigs. One was a blond, medium length shag and a second one was medium brown, long, and straight. I looked so different when I wore either one that I fooled many people into thinking I was someone else, including two of my teachers! I loved it and got a big kick out of doing so. I felt like a new person.

In addition, I was encouraged to straighten my hair, not to wear it curly. Most people would tell me that I needed to get my hair straightened. I did everything that I could do to try to make my curls poker straight. I even ironed my hair and yes, it got straightened but damaged as a result. I gave it up and went on to experiment with products that encouraged some curl, but let them relax so as not to be so tightly coiled, as mine were.

In the seventies, the afro hair style came out and all hip, cool folks had 'fros. Frizz, afros, and curls then began to be more widely accepted and gradually I was quite cool for having the hair for the new styles by doing nothing. That was the beginning of easier days for me. Hair products started to change too, for the better and they were even made for curly hair. Salon prices were not too bad then and the products they sold were extremely good

After most of my youthful years, my hair was finally acceptable to the world. I had changed my hair care many times, trying out every new product that I could afford. Indeed, it was the Paul Mitchell original detangler that changed my hair. It smoothed my hair instantly, it allowed me to use a comb through it, and my hair was shiny, soft, not a bit frizzy, and beautiful curls hung just right.

In short, how I use this Paul Mitchell hair detangler is real simple. I wash my hair then get the excess water out of my hair, applying the conditioner all over the entire head, being careful not to rub it into the scalp too much. Then I leave it on at least five to ten minutes, rinse and air dry. I add a little bit of Paul Mitchell hair gel which is awesome too. Presto, beautiful curly hair! Finally I am happy with my hair, my naturally curly hair that is.