For Relaxed, Frizzy, Tangled or Dry Hair Use Kinky-Curly Knot Today



I found out about the Kinky-Curly line of products on Tia Williams' beauty blog. The former beauty editor raved that this product line was one of the best that she'd found for black women who kept their tresses natural because it made the hair more manageable, and less tangled and frizzy. She also claimed that the line was great for women with relaxed hair too, because it helped to smooth the new-growth or kinky/curly roots that would grow in when they were due for a touch-up and the best part about the line was that it was fairly inexpensive.

Intrigued I went on the company's website and found that the products were made of mostly natural ingredients with the exception of some of the preservatives and was created by a woman who got frustrated with the lack of quality hair care products for black women with natural hair on the market. After reading rave reviews from some of Kinky-Curly's customers I decided to order the leave-in conditioner since my hair is relaxed and it was recommended for my hair type.

Though it did take a couple of days for my order to be processed and shipped by the company, the products arrived at my house in about a week. I must admit the fairly plain labels and packaging of both products didn't blow me away at first, but after using the leave-in conditioner/detangler a few days later all doubt was gone from my mind about the quality of the line. Even though my hair wasn't very tangled or kinky at the time, because of a recent relaxer, I noticed that my hair felt silkier, and more moisturized than it normally does after blow-drying and flat ironing. It also looked shinier and sleeker and I noticed that I was able to maintain my style for four or five days without my hair losing body or luster, it really helped to make my hair more manageable.

The real test of Knot Today came for me after the fourth week of use, because that's when my kinky roots grow in. It's usually very hard for me to style my hair after this point because my roots are so tightly coiled while the rest of my hair is straight. Normally it takes a while to even comb my hair out, much less straighten it. It also hurts because combing out all of the tangles pulls on the scalp, so I'd usually wind up with a sore head and a hand full of hair, because of hair breakage occurring just from combing.

Yet I must say that the leave-in conditioner has absolutely passed the test. It's the only thing that I've used that has detangled my thick hair so well. The curls at my roots seem to now coil separately instead of on top of one another. They have even loosened up just a bit, so now I can get a comb through my hair really easily and without the pain and breakage that used to occur.

I've tried a dozen straightening serums and balms, and even though this one isn't even marketed as one it is one of the best products I've used to straighten my hair, because it makes it makes the softens the curl making it easier to manipulate. I also love the fact that it nourishes my hair and even without receiving a relaxer my hair is still sleek and silky and feels moisturized. The only problem that has occurred for me is that my hair doesn't have as much body as it usually does but other than that Knot Today is so great that I am going to use it in place of a chemical relaxer.

I've wanted to go natural for awhile but I was fearful since I really had no idea about how to take care of or style my hair in its natural state, and I also wanted the option of styling my hair straight and curly. I feel like Knot Today has taken a lot of fear out of the equation because I now know that I will be able to style my hair more easily with their products. I'd recommended this product for anyone with curly or kinky hair whether it's relaxed or natural.