Budget Beauty Products for Oily Skin Under $25

Don't Bust Your Budget; Quality Oil Control Skin Care for Less


Oily skin requires special care. You can't use products to remove oil that zap all of the moisture from your skin. On the other hand, if you use regular beauty products you may end up looking and feeling oily soon after you put on your makeup. You also have to be careful when choosing beauty products, because sebaceous glands can easily become clogged and lead to a break out.

When you shop around for beauty products for oily skin you may find that some of the products that are proclaimed "best" for oily skin cost more than your budget will allow. If you're like me, you have to shop for products that work within your budget.

The good news is that I've found several beauty products that are low cost and just as effective as more costly products for oily skin.

That's doubly good news for those, like me, who have combination skin. When you shop for beauty products on a budget you can only spend so much on the oily T-zone.

Budget Friendly Beauty Products for Oily Skin: Oil Control Cleanser


Cleaning oily skin requires a beauty product with a balanced cleaner that will cut through the natural oil buildup on your skin without drying out your skin.

I've experimented with a variety of facial cleansers; most left my face too dry or didn't sufficiently kill bacteria in my pores, which led to an acne break out.

When I found an oil control cleanser that worked for me and fit within my budget, I stuck with it. Anytime I've tried to change facial cleansers I've had problems. That's why I now stick with Olay Daily Scrub Clarify and Cleanse.

Olay Daily Scrub Clarify and Cleanse leaves my face feeling fresh and clean, but not dry. I love the smell and the feel of Olay Daily Scrub Clarify and Cleanse. It is an outstanding beauty product that keeps my face clean and clear (Walmart, price varies by location, approximately $9).

For a quick clean up during the day, like after a workout at the gym. I carry Olay Regenerist Microderm Cleansing Cloths (Walmart, price varies by location).

Budget Friendly Beauty Products for Oily Skin: Oil Control Toner


Every woman with oily skin understands the importance of controlling oil buildup and a greasy look by refining your pores. Tighten your pores and help control oily skin buy using either of the following budget brand skin care products.

Nuetrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula leaves your face feeling clean by washing away dead skin cells and tightening pores(Drugstore.com, $7.99).

I love a little Burt's Bees in my beauty routine. Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner for Oily and Troubled skin helps slough away dry skin, leaves skin feeling firmer, and tightens and tones pores. I especially like it because Burt's Bees because it is formulated with natural alpha hydroxyl acids and Burt's Bees does not test their beauty products on animals (Burt's Bees, $12.00).

Budget Friendly Beauty Products for Oily Skin: Oil Control Moisturizer


Just because skin is oily doesn't mean that you don't have to keep it moisturized. In fact, if you rob your skin of too much oil it will only over-produce compounding your oily skin problem. I learned this the hard way by over cleansing and drying my skin and failure to use moisturizer. The harder I worked to dry out my oily skin, the worse it seemed to get. Skin needs moisture.

Thankfully, you can treat your skin to a healthy moisturizer without compounding the greasy look of oily skin.

There are a couple of oil control moisturizers that I have found effective. These moisturizers are designed for oily skin, but I have found they work well with combination skin.

Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer is a new product that not only moisturizes skin, but also helps clear up skin blemishes. Aveeno Clear Complexion products are made with a natural soy formula. The Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer absorbs quickly leaving your skin feeling quenched but not greasy. Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer does contain salicylic acid. This will help prevent pores from clogging, but should not be used on very sensitive skin (Target $14.99).

One of my favorite, budget brands of oil control beauty products is Neutrogena. I've found success with most Neutrogena products, including Nuetrogena Oil Free Moisturizer. This beauty product works best when applied in a moderate amount. The minute the moisturizer touches your skin you can feel the light formula. This product is designed to help balance your skin, preventing oily skin and dryness. Nuetrogena Oil Free Moisturizer does not contain salicylic acid and is gentle enough to use on the most sensitive skin (Drugstore.com, $12.99).

Budget Friendly Beauty Products for Oily Skin: Oil Control Foundation


I have tried dozens of oil control foundations, from department store lines like Estee Lauder to special name brands like Mary Kay. I've also tried every budget brand in Walgreen's, Target, and Walmart.

It took a long time for me to find an oil control makeup that really did what it promised, and it wasn't one of the expensive name brand products.

The best oil control foundation I have found is Cover Girl Clean Makeup Oil Control. The makeup goes on clean, feels fresh, and continues to look fresh for hours. If I need a touchup I use Cover Girl Fresh Look Pressed Powder.

Cover Girl Clean Makeup Oil Control comes in fifteen different shades. (Drugstore.com, $5.93)