Review: Bath and Body Works Blackberry Amber Scent

A New Signature Collection Scent for Fall

During my latest trip to Bath and Body Works an employee introduced me to the new Blackberry Amber scent Bath and Body Works has introduced to its signature collection this fall. This fragrance is described as blackberries blended with melted amber.

I have several Bath and Body Works fragrances I like, but I'm always open to trying new ones. My husband was with me during this shopping trip so we both had a chance to learn about this new scent.

At first I was a little leery about trying the Blackberry Amber scent because it has amber in it and I wasn't too fond of Bath and Body Works' Sensual Amber scent. That one just wasn't my type of scent although my husband loves the way it smells. I willingly tried the Blackberry Amber scent though because I thought adding blackberry to the fragrance would make a nice, interesting combination. I was right.

The worker sprayed the splash on a paper strip for us to smell. When I first smelled the Blackberry Amber scent I knew I was going to purchase it. The scent was very mature and rich. This scent is very appropriate for fall and winter. The main scents are blackberry, dewberry and red raspberry. It also has jasmine, light caramel, heliotrope flower, golden amber, vanilla infusion, patchouli, sandalwood, and musk.

I decided to purchase one Blackberry Amber item because I had some other items I wanted to purchase from the store. I chose the Blackberry Amber splash because I felt it would give off the strongest scent. I also tried a tester of the lotion which also smelled great. The lotion was smooth to apply and complemented the splash well.

After wearing the Blackberry Amber splash and lotion for a few hours I could still smell the wonderful scent. My husband loved the scent on me so much he kept getting close to me so he could smell it. He said this was his favorite Bath and Body Works scent for me. It has quickly become one of my favorite.

The Blackberry Amber scent is available in the splash for $10.50, the lotion for $9.50, shower gel for $9.50 and eau de toilette for $18.50.

Overall I am really pleased with the Blackberry Amber scent. I could see myself wearing the splash in place of my perfumes. I will definitely purchase the lotion and shower gel soon to add to my collection.